eBooks Compiler Files
In Step 2 you select your ebook folder, set up the order of your files and assign a start page.
Watch the Video Step 2 : Files
1. Select the folder that contains your HTML files and graphics to appear in your ebook. Select this folder and click the Create List button. Then you will see the files that you selected immediately appear in the window on the left.
2. To change the order simply click on the file and it will be highlighted and then click either up or down to move the file to where you want it. If you want to remove a file simply click remove.
3. To assign a start page click Assign start page to be the first page in your ebook.
When you are happy with the order click the Next button to go to the next step.
Let’s go through this step-by-step.
1. All the pages and graphics for your ebook must be in one FOLDER. This means if all the htm/html files (pages) and graphics (images, pics, etc) are not in the same folder you need to move them all into one folder.
(See image below)
2. After you have ‘selected’ this folder and click on the ‘Create list’ button you will see all the pages for your ebook in the left window. (See image below)
Tip: It is a good idea to number your pages 01, 02, 03, etc. This will make it easy to put them in the right order.
3. Next, place your pages in the order you want. For example, in the image below we have selected (highlighted) ‘page_10.html’ and we click the ‘Down’ button and move this page to where we want it. Use the ‘Up’ and ‘Down’ buttons to move your selected pages to the order you want for your ebook. (See image below)
4. Be sure to assign a start page by selecting your page (highlighted) and then click the ‘Assign start page’ button. You will see the name of the page under the assign start page button. (See image below)
Tip: You can name your start page ‘index.html’ or ‘index.htm’ so it will be easy to find.
5. When you have your pages in order go to the next step.